Wednesday, 2 December 2009

He's gone

Well he left last week. I couldn't cope with the drinking and lack of support any more. I miss him so much though. How did I end up 34, single, childless and with lupus? I made the decision, but then I was begging him to stay just before he left.

Feeling quite sorry for myself now. How do I pick myself up from this?

5 comments:

jojo said...

i so sorry. please email me if you need a friendly ear and shoulder. x

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, and wanted to tell you how very, very sorry I am. I wish you all the best in your life. I hope real soon some good things will come your way. Stay strong.
Janka

Sarah and John said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I think if you really want a baby, you should get a sperm donor and do it without him. Considering that half of couples in the US get divorced (plus an additional small amount that are widowed early on), there was already > 50% odds that you would have been a single mom. So there's no reason to give up.

Alph said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alph said...

Thanks you so much for your thoughts.

Sarah and John - I would definitely go down this road if I could. Unfortunately it's not possible to get a Parental Order in the UK if you're single. I would have to go through the international adoption procedures. I'm going to look into whether this is a possibility next year.